wheat. it's a delicious ingredient. buuuut i also cut it out of my life approximately one month ago. it would make me so bloated + in pain + blah blah blah you don't need to know all the details, but i've made it my mission to find good, gluten free snacks that are easy to make + taste yummy! my sister + cousin actually made these bad boiz first, about a year ago, but i started making them much more often these past few weeks! they're small little balls of oats + chocolate chips + peanut butter + more goodness. recipe below!! :)
DIRECTIONS for the bites
- mix all the ingredients together + adjust to taste/consistency
- roll into bite-sized balls + refrigerate or freeze
INGREDIENTS for the bites
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 cups of steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips [or more!!]
- 2/3 cups of honey
- optional: coconut shreds! i've had different versions of these guys + they're all good, no matter what you add!
- optional, pt. 2: protein powder! add some for an extra boost
guys - seriously, no joke when i say that i could eat a whole batch of these in one day. i usually make a double batch because they go. so. freakin'. fast. they're truly that good, + such a perfect gluten free snack when you're in a pinch.
do you have any snacks that you can't get enough of? anything with peanut butter is my weakness - add chocolate + oats into the mix + you've got yourself a budding addiction, haha! let me know if you try the recipe! cheers to gluten free snacks + protein bites + peanut butter :)