RASPBERRY MOCK-SCOW MULE
i've never experimented with the art of mixology before. being underage, it's a hobby that's just a few years out of reach. mixing up a drink sans alcohol is something i've wanted to try for a while. last christmas, i received a copper moscow mule mug from my aunt and was excited to finally put it to good use. a few weeks ago, a friend and i whipped up a raspberry moscow mule mocktail, which we conveniently dubbed as the mock-scow mule. (witty, i know.)
INGREDIENTS (makes one mule)
- ginger ale
- 1-2 limes
- 1 ½ cup raspberries + extra for garnish
- ¾ cup sugar
- handfull of ice cubes
- a few mint leaves
- small pot
- small dish
- moscow mule mug
- spoon or cocktail mixer
- cutting board
- place your raspberries and sugar into a small pot and simmer over medium heat.
- once it comes to a boil, remove from the heat, let cool, and strain into a small bowl or dish.
- you're done and ready to add it to your mules!
DIRECTIONS for the mules
- fill your mug halfway/all the way with ice.
- add your ginger ale so the mug is about ¾ of the way full.
- cut one lime in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into the mug.
- fill the mug to the top with the raspberry simple syrup and mix. (you could also use a shaker... that'd be a cool idea!)
- garnish with the left over limes and raspberries and drink up!
for a mocktail, i'd say it tasted really good! not that i have anything to compare it to... it also allows you to celebrate 5 o'clock any time of the day, with out regrets. :) i will definitely keep experimenting with cocktails and mixology. in a few years, who knows, maybe i'll become a bad ass, shaker wielding mixologist. it's possible. -m