TIME FOR A NEW YEAR: MY 2018 RESOLUTIONS WITH BERG + BETTS
wow. 2017 - you were a good one! so many countless memories were made + i wouldn't trade them for anything! [see my full year recap here!] with the new year comes new resolutions, + i'm so excited to reflect on last year's resolutions as well as create new ones for this year! also, my friends at berg + betts were kind enough to send me a gorgeous new watch that i cannot wait to style throughout the new year, + they also gave YOU a discount code -- find it at the bottom of this post! okay, let's get into the resolutions!
REFLECTING ON MY 2017 RESOLUTIONS
dish out more compliments
thin out my closet
organize my sd cards and save all the videos i create
wear more hats!
stop caring about social media [ahem, instagram! i'm looking at you!] so much
[see the full post here] i'm never one to get down on myself for slacking on my resolutions, but i kinda sucked-with-a-capital-S this year 😂. BUT - i knocked #3 out of the park for SURE! i cleared out a hard drive at the beginning of the year + have uploaded almost every video taken + film created this year to it! amazon prime photo has also been super helpful in media organization, + it's been so nice to empty all the photos from my SD cards + keep them straight. i think i thinned out my closet a little bit [moving to california helped for sure], but i also bought a lot of clothing, so i think it cancels out... haha! as far as "not caring" about social media, i think i did the best i could. i definitely took a step back + stopped letting it define how i lived, but i don't think i could have grown my business + brand as much as i did this year without caring as much as i did, ya feel? cannot wait to see where i go with T+T this year :) + finally, i think i gave compliments, but by the end of the year i definitely try to give compliments. i think i'll carry this one over into 2018. next up, this years resolutions!!
MY 2018 RESOLUTIONS
- take more casual photos with my DSLR - i always make a point to take my dslr along with me when i go to events or things that warrant good photos, but i want to capture the small moments too, + not just on my iphone!
- make an effort to form new relationships + strengthen pre-existing ones - i'm a HUGE relationship person, i want to make an effort this year to really strengthen the relationships i have + form new ones with people in my school community, church community, + online community! friends are the best :)
- eat better + find a workout i love - i hate running, but i still do it. i'm making it a point to eat better + really try to hone in on wellness in relation to my diet + exercise routines. we tried a little bit last year with whole30, but it ended up creating more problems than it did eliminating "pounds".
- listen to more podcasts/read more books - STOP with the netflix molly!! i could probably singlehandedly support the entire netflix corporation -- i'm making a conscious effort this year to listen to good podcasts that teach me a lot + reading books that stimulate my creativity.
- dig into god's word + strengthen my relationship with him - as of the end of 2017, i was beginning to form good habits + i'm excited to put even more work + time into them in the coming months so i can grow increasingly closer to Him, always!!
+ that's it! do you create resolutions for yourself? if so, i'd love to hear 'em -- go ahead + share in the comments below or on my instagram! and now, the moment you've alll been waiting for -- as i mentioned above, berg + betts was kind enough to supply a discount code for T+T readers - use "THISTHAT" for 20% off your watch purchase! they seriously have the most beautiful timepieces, + i can't wait to use mine to keep track of time + have it serve as a reminder of all the things i want to accomplish in 2018.
cheers to what will hopefully be the best year yet! love all of you babes, thanks for supporting me + this crazy little blog every year. you're all the best. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!