CHOCOLATE CHIP OREO COOKIES
it was the first day of summer when we found this recipe, a.k.a when we found heaven on earth. these babies are sooooo good. the entire plate was gone in less than an hour. you guys, we made like 30 cookies. (we, meaning me and the ladies of disparate youth/my good friends) they're seriously like, the best thing since sliced bread. get the recipe below!
adapted from tablespoon
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cup of flour
- 10 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 package of oreos (bonus points for double stuffffff)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the butter and both sugars together in the medium bowl until creamy, then add the eggs and vanilla
- in the large bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients. slowly add your sugar-butter-egg-vanilla mix into the bowl, along with the chocolate chips, until evenly combined.
- using clean hands (the fun way) or a cookie scoop, cover a single oreo with cookie dough until it can no longer be seen and place it onto the wax paper-lined sheet. the cookies expand a good amount, so try not to cover the oreo with too much dough, or else they'll overlap onto each other.
- bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, or until they become golden brown. remove and let cool.
- E A T T H E M
weren't they good? wait, you haven't tried them? what are you waiting for? run to your kitchen now and get baking! and if you can't eat them all by yourself (you probs will) they would be a great addition to your fourth of july cookout! you friends and fam will thank you. happy baking, eating, and celebrating! -m