LEATHER LAPTOP SLEEVE DIY
ever since i started a new job and got my new macbook, i've been looking for a laptop case. i've found a few that i love, but the prices are so high! after carrying my computer around without a case for so long, it started to get a few scrapes and scuffs, and i decided it was definitely time to get a case. i looked around on pinterest for some inspiration and decided that it was going to be a lot easier to make one on my own!
DIRECTIONS for the sleeve
- on the opposite side of your leather fabric, trace an outline of your computer
- cut out two pieces of fabric, two inches greater on each side than what you previously traced
- sew the two pieces of fabric together, right sides facing in, leaving one of the wide sides of the sleeve open
- flip inside out and hot glue your elastic onto the sleeve so that it wraps around both wide ends (one open and one closed)
- if you want, add a tassel to where the elastic joins together, let dry, and test it out!
SUPPLIES for the sleeve
- about a half a yard of leather
- your laptop (for scaling)
- sewing machine and sewing supplies
- elastic ribbon
- hot glue gun
- yarn (for a tassel if desired!)
i'm really happy with how it turned out! it's nothing like those expensive ones i've looked at before, but for a diy, it works really well for protecting my laptop against those scrapes and scratches. it'll be a lot easier to carry around now. what about you? would you diy something like this? do you like carrying your computer in a case or leaving it naked? haha, happy almost friday!